Saturday, December 30, 2006

Life's early lesson?

I ordered some curtain from Bed, Bath, and Beyond, and they came in a box with a long piece of brown paper. Our 2 year old, M***, tore up the paper into a LOT of little pieces and threw them all over our bedroom. Today I asked her to come up and pick it up, she came up and our conversation went like this....

Me: M***, you made this mess so you need to pick it up.
M***: (holding her arm) I can't my arm hurts.
Me: Well, if you don't do it, your butt is going to hurt because I am going to spank a bum.
M***: (holding arm, still) I can't do it, my arm hurts. You do it.
Me: I didn't make this mess, so you can clean it up.
M***: Make C*** do it, my arm hurts.

Who taught her to do this? One of the older kids, I am sure. Great.....

3 comments:

Delirious said...

Well, atleast you weren't as bad as me. Once I swatted my son for being bad. He said, "I'm going to call CPS!" I said, "Then we better make it worth their while to come!"

Alpha said...

We used to make red beans and rice on occasion, and my son swore that eating it made his thumb hurt, and he'd sit up at the counter crying and holding his thumb. It's one of our favorite memories....
Now. :)

deputymomof6 said...

How cute. I love the things the little ones come up with.