Thursday, December 21, 2006

let it snow....

What I want to know is why is it that when I work, it pours the snows. As soon as I pull into my driveway, it stops snowing. It's ridiculous. Then, in the middle of a blizzard, I arrest a VERY intoxicated person for DUI, while in the hospital with him a woman asks me to look at her baby because "something isn't right." The baby was 9 months old and tested positive for methamphetamine, along with her and her husband also testing positive.

Then, they bring in an 8 month old my coworkers were dealing with. I informed the doctor that there was something suspicious about the story that father had told us. When the mother was wheeled by with her baby, she glared at me. I looked back at her once she was in the room, and she asked the nurses to close her curtain so I could not look at her. An hour later, the baby was taken by emergency transport to Primary Children's hospital. Apparentlyl, there were older injuries contributing to his problems.

Today, her husband confessed that while he had the baby in the bathtub, he shook it numerous times. Then, he took it out of the tub and slammed it face-first on the bed a few times. I feel bad for the other kids living in that home, and the baby. Both of these babies will spend their first Christmas in a foster home, as will the siblings of the latter baby. I tried to get them to let me bring the one baby home with me. :) But, instead, I had to take the drunk guy to jail. Makes me sad..... May God be with them now, and always.

No comments: