Sunday, November 02, 2008

Weekend funnies....

I am having technical difficulties getting some Halloween photos out of the internal memory!! We had 3 floods this year, and the first one was the worst one. The carpet had to be replaced, and tomorrow is the day. Finally!! That one happened on July 3 and we are just now getting the carpet back in. How frustrating!!

We had to move the piano and a bunch of other heavy things, so Ryan was moving the piano with someone. He had to move his legs to the side to keep from hitting things, and Miranda yells, "look at Dad, he looks like a Penguin!!" Ryan had to walk with his legs to the side to get it moved. LOL .... It was cute.

Today, I was cleaning my closet and Abby came over and asked me what the word gay meant. I told her it meant happy and it was a not nice word to describe it when boys like other boys and girls like other girls and that they kiss each other. * (Even though it isn't a nice word, that doesn't keep me from using it sometimes.) :) Anyway, she asked me if I was sure it didn't mean that someone was HOT and TEMPTING?** I told her that I was sure it didn't. She replied, "well, then I have to tell some of the girls at my school that they are mistaken.... because they think that is what it means."

* I had to be a little more descriptive since she is so young and I didn't want her to think that she is gay because she has "girl friends."

** Disturbing that 7-8 year old girls would want to use a term that would describe someone as hot and tempting!!

4 comments:

Delirious said...

I remember my Grandmother H. saying how upset she was that they took a beautiful word like "gay" and gave it such a horrible meaning. She grew up with this word when it was a wonderful word that described happiness.

deputymomof6 said...

Wasn't it also someone's first name? I don't really remember, but I am thinking that it was....

Inklings said...

We had a great Aunt Gai...she was just thrilled over that, too.

PsychDoctor said...

Wasn't there a lady named Gay Fagg in Panguitch?