Thursday, October 02, 2008

Weekend plans ruined?

So, for conference weekend, especiallly since I have EARLY church, I enjoy hanging around the house in my pajamas and listen to conference on the TV while I scrapbook. I have done it for years, so long as I did not work a night shift the night before and was sleeping during the conference.

This year, I have a bunch of packets to do and was looking forward to it. I also have a demolition derby to attend on Saturday in Tooele. So.... I get to enjoy the weekend. My dad called last week to tell me that he and his wife will be visiting from Friday until past the next weekend, basically 10 days. I am glad to have them, but I cannot scrapbook and spend the time ignoring them.

Of course, my step mother enjoys Rod Works, Tai Pan, and the places like that. I usually delight in taking her, but I have been avoiding those places like the plague so I am not tempted to spend money I do not have. I will take her, but I WILL BE GOOD. I still might scrap a little this weekend, but not much since I cannot do it and interact with others at the same time. Wish me luck at my two favorite stores and not spending any money!! :) I am sure I will need it.

3 comments:

Lindsay Logic said...

Just set yourself a reasonable limit. (Like $10) Kristen and I did that one year when neither of us had money, but we wanted to go to the Sundance outlet. We set a $30 limit and each left happy, but it took us a while to decide what we wanted. :)

Magic Marker said...

I agree with you about the stores, I love them too. Have fun visitng with your family:)

deputymomof6 said...

I was pretty good. I did set a limit. A few things "accidentally" fell into my basket... so what could I do? I got my Halloween decorations up.. I LOVE Halloween!!