Monday, October 20, 2008

Injustice.....

So, Hepatitis shots (both A and B) come in a series of shots. You have to get one, wait about a month and get the second one, then get the third one six months later. So, I get one for her, and return in the next month to get her the second one.

I show up and the nurse tells me that they are out of them. I return 2 weeks later, and am told again that they are out of them. The doctor stops me in the hall to ask about my son's surgery earlier this year, and he asks why I am there. I explain, and he tells me that he was sure that he saw some of the shots in the refrigerator.

The nurse shakes her head and says there aren't any. The doctor insists that he just saw a bunch of them in the refrigerator, and the nurse shakes her head and says that they are only for Medicaid patients. The doctor tells her to give me one, anyway.

How is it that it has come to this? How is it that I am paying for my medical services and I am refused them, but someone that gets them for free is allowed to have them? It makes me sick... I am not the only one this has happened to, I heard about it happening to someone else before it happened to me, too. So injust.....

1 comment:

Sally said...

I never knew they did that! Glad you have a nice doctor!