Thursday, February 01, 2007

Grandpa

I was recalling today an incident wherein my grandfather ran over a lady with his car. My brother and I were in the back seat, and he was making a right turn at a red light. There was a lady crossing the crosswalk, and he didn't see her. He hit her, and she had been carrying some packages that she threw upon being hit. She landed on the hood and was yelling for him to stop.

So, he stops.... and she goes flying onto the ground. She stands up, and goes to walk over to the driver's door. My grandfather just DRIVES OFF!!! My brother and I were young, and were sure we were going to jail. My grandmother is yelling at him to stop, and he looks at her in the rear-view mirror and comments, "Oh, she's OK." I thought that I was going to die. My grandmother yelled at him all the way home.

What on earth was he thinking? It's so funny that I can't tell someone about it now and not laugh so hard I could hardly spit the words out. But, at the time, I was scared that I was going to jail. He should never have been driving......

No comments: