Monday, June 30, 2008

run in with Ventura police.....

So, while in Santa Barbara, I could not resist going to the thrift stores in Ventura while the kids were at the beach on a COLD day. I dropped them off and headed over. I had to park my vehicle next to a local park because I drove around a while and all the spaces were full by the thrift stores. When I was returning with my treasures, this homeless guy tells me that I owe him $10.

He tells me it is because someone was going to urinate on my door handle, and he stopped him. Apparently, he charges a $10 fee for protecting my vehicle. I didn't have it, so I told him too bad but I didn't have $10. He then pulled out his THING and started peeing on my vehicle, getting closer and closer to my door handle.

He was getting close to it, so I had to do SOMETHING. I thought I would rather have pee on my foot than my hand when I had to get in the Xterra, so I kicked him in the groin from in front. (kicking him from under would have landed pee in my face.) He hit the ground, and I ran to the park bathroom and washed my foot and found an empty cup that I filled with water and rinsed off my Xterra.

The man was still in a fetal position when I rinsed off the vehicle and slowly backed out to avoid hitting him. I was pulled over by Ventura police:

Police: Ma'am, did you just kick a guy in the groin?
Me: Sure did.
Police: Would you like to explain yourself?

So I told him what happened. He laughed, and asked me to fill out a statement so he could take the guy to where they drop off the mentally ill. I had to tell him I was an officer because he asked to see my ID and I had a gun with me, in my purse. That was at the end of the conversation. He decided he didn't want to see it, and said he had an urge to call my boss and tell him I was a hard ass, but he said he was sure he already knew that. I am NOT a hard ass, I just will not allow someone to do those things to me, or anyone else for that matter, if I can help it. I kinda felt bad, the guy was homeless and obviously was mentally challenged. But I HATE germs, and I DON'T do bodily fluids!!

4 comments:

Sally said...

Only you!!! Why am I even surprised to hear crazy stories!? I wish you would share more! You have the best! So when are we hanging out again? We saw your daughter when we went up the canyon, that was funny to see her there! We always look for you too.

Amber said...

so gross I probably would have climbed into the car from the other side and drove it through a car wash - crazy people scare me

Amber said...

i re-started my blog, here's the new link http://givemeinsight.blogspot.com

Delirious said...

I don't blame you, I wouldn't allow someone to manipulate me either.