Monday, March 24, 2008

When government workers daydream......

I work with a guy that works with the Forest Service. He was being transferred to San Francisco, and was talking about things he would miss. He mentioned the Woodsy the Owl and Smokey Bear costumes, and he would NOT miss wearing those. I asked him if he would like to wear them if he could do whatever he wanted, and I set up the following scenario:

(first you have to know that there are fire restrictions in July and August where you cannot have fires in the canyons during this time due to extreme fire dangers.)

Me: What if you could put it on and we could work up a sting?
Him: What kind of sting?
Me: Well, I could come up on a fire and tell them that Smokey the Bear would be upset to see it.. and then you come out of the woods with a shovel and start freaking out and start pounding the fire with the shovel and going beserk.
Him: I will do it if you put on the Woodsy the Owl costume and join in the fun. You could starting kicking their litter that is lying about and pick it up and throw it at them.
Me: OK, but you know we will end up on youtube.
Him: Yeah, and then we will get fired. But hey, it will be a good time.

It was a good thought while it lasted. Being the party pooper for a living can be a drag, at times.

4 comments:

Amber said...

oh that is hilarious! I think you should send that idea into the woodsy the owl and smoky the bear advertising dept. that would make one funny superbowl commercial!

deputymomof6 said...

LOL, only they have no sense of humor. They would probably be horrified.... funny thing that the commercial would bring publicity to their causes.

Magic Marker said...

Hey Meliss, I just got your comment on my blog and now I have your blog! I love blogging, it's a great way to stay in touch!

Sally said...

As usual, HI-larious!! I miss you, sorry we missed Ryan but he wouldn't have wanted to be around...I had strep and now Tom has it! Yuck!