Friday, November 23, 2007

Black Friday a bust

Well, my husband I got up just after 4:00 AM to partake in the Black Friday shopping. It was a total waste of time. The line outside of Best Buy was wrapped around the corner, and some stupid people slept in tents there all night. NOTHING is worth that, it was freezing. I went to Kohls, wanting to find some toys for kids and boots for me.

Well, when we got there, the line for the cash register went from the front of the store to the back of the store. It was so ridiculous, that Wentworth Miller could have been on sale for a dollar, and I would not have waited in that line. Well, maybe for him, but that is unlikely to happen. :) Not to mention that they had opened at 4 and I arrived closer to 5. The toy department was torn to shreds, and the things I wanted to get for the kids were mostly gone. But, as I was leaving the store, I noticed one of them lying on some clothing in the men's section, next to the register in jewelry that had a small line. I snuck into that, and sent my husband on a scavenger hunt while I waited less than 5 minutes in the small line. HA, outsmarted them!! Otherwise, I would have left there empty-handed.

We did not attempt much else. There was NO line at Bed, Bath, and Beyond, so I went in and got the curtain rod and tie backs I wanted for Abby's room..... and we braved Home Depot just to learn that the $30 worth of stuff we wanted was almost $80 and we have to send in a bunch of rebates. That is so stupid, I hate mail in rebates. Oh well, there wasn't anything that I REALLY wanted, anyway. I would like to find a wii for the kids, well, mostly for my husband, but I won't sweat it if I don't find one.

No comments: